Here is our 5-step process if you are considering switching from your current letting agent:
1. Firstly, you will need to find out how much, if any, notice you are required to give your current agent as detailed within the Terms and Conditions you signed at the start of your contract. Having determined this, give the required notice in writing to terminate your agreement. If you need any advice regarding this, then please contact us.
2. If you are on a fully managed service then it would be prudent to obtain the contact details for your current tenant which your agent should give you.
3. We will arrange to meet you, either at your home, or at our offices where we will go through our terms of business as well as outlining to you our lettings process and our commitment to providing an unrivaled lettings and management service. We will provide you with all the necessary paperwork for you to read and complete.
4. We will arrange to meet your current tenant at their property to explain everything to them and provide them with a Welcome Pack which will include a new standing order to pay their rent. Part of this transfer may include a new tenancy agreement for the tenant to sign. This is to protect all parties as all of our tenancy agreements are updated regularly for changes in legislation. We will also deal with any necessary deposit transfer/registration.
5. Both you and your tenant will be assigned a dedicated Property Manager who will be your contact throughout the tenancy should any matters arise that require attention.
That’s it. It really is that easy!